Proof Portal

Project overview

Omarchy

ProbeLabs65 findings · 95 requirements

A proof layer — requirements, tests and verified fixes — for two of Omarchy's subsystems: the application menu (launcher scripts, QML model, JSONC config, search and selection) and the lock screen (lock scripts, QML, PAM authentication). Scope is deliberately limited to those components of omacom/omarchy; the rest of the distribution is not covered.

Inbox
ReportR-4130GitHub issuePublicReceived

jpegli-git and libjxl are in conflict.

Reported by apurbapokharel · filed Feb 18, 2026Closed upstream on 2026-02-18 by its own reporter apurbapokharel. GitHub close reason: completed. Closed by its own reporter — not by itself evidence of a fix.

Received and recorded verbatim. Nothing has been checked yet.

At a glance

1 · What is claimed?
Only the report text below — no validator has restated it as checkable claims yet.
2 · What does it affect?
Not yet mapped to any requirement or component.
3 · Is it reproducible?
No validation has been run yet.
4 · What remains unclear?
  • Not validated yet: no claims, no reproducer.
5 · What happens next?
Our staff decide whether the report is valid. Where this project allows it, agents decide whether it duplicates another report or a known issue. No decision has been recorded yet.

Original report

jpegli-git and libjxl are in conflict.revision 1 · captured 2026-10-04 11:49 UTC via poll

System details

See picture below

What's wrong?


Issue: Conflict between jpegli-git and libjxl during Omarchy update

While updating Omarchy, I consistently ran into the following error:

jpegli-git-r2875.g09541d3-1 and libjxl-0.11.1-5 are in conflict

I searched through:

  • the Omarchy repository
  • Omarchy Discord
  • both package repositories involved

and found only one brief mention of the issue in Discord, with no concrete resolution. I also found two related upstream discussions that helped clarify the root cause:

  • Arch Linux libjxl packaging issue
  • libjxl upstream discussion on jpegli conflicts

At the time of the failure, my system had libjxl installed but did not have jpegli explicitly installed.


Debugging and Resolution

Since the error message was explicit about a package conflict, I proceeded step by step.

  1. Ran a full system update in debug mode (the update had already failed once):
   yay -Syu --debug
  1. During dependency resolution, I was prompted to choose a provider for libjpeg6:
   deps to find [libjpeg6]
   :: There are 4 providers available for libjpeg6:
       1) jpegli-git
       2) libjpeg-turbo-official
       3) libjpeg6-turbo
       4) libjpeg6-turbo-bin
  1. I selected option 2 (`libjpeg-turbo-official`), but the conflict persisted.
  1. On closer inspection, I identified several AUR packages that depended on the conflicting JPEG stack and were blocking the upgrade:
  • brave
  • microsoft-edge
  • onedrive
  • viber
  • openssl
  • miniconda3
  1. I manually updated all of these using Omarchy’s AUR update option.
  • All updated successfully except `miniconda3`, which continued to fail.
  • I removed miniconda3 entirely since it was not critical for me.
  1. After that, running omarchy-update completed successfully without further conflicts.

Result

The system updated cleanly and is now ready for Omarchy 3.4 (tmux integration hype ).


Notes / Suggestions

  • This is not a proper way of resolving this but hey I'm ok with it.

!Image

Hope this helps others who run into the same issue.

View raw text
### System details

See picture below

### What's wrong?

---

### Issue: Conflict between `jpegli-git` and `libjxl` during Omarchy update

While updating Omarchy, I consistently ran into the following error:

```
jpegli-git-r2875.g09541d3-1 and libjxl-0.11.1-5 are in conflict
```

I searched through:

* the Omarchy repository
* Omarchy Discord
* both package repositories involved

and found only one brief mention of the issue in [Discord](https://discord.com/channels/1390012484194275541/1466533270673035430/1466543292404470017), with no concrete resolution. I also found two related upstream discussions that helped clarify the root cause:

* Arch Linux libjxl packaging [issue](https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/packaging/packages/libjxl/-/issues/1)
* libjxl upstream discussion on jpegli [conflicts](https://github.com/libjxl/libjxl/issues/4551)

At the time of the failure, my system had `libjxl` installed but **did not** have `jpegli` explicitly installed.

---

### Debugging and Resolution

Since the error message was explicit about a package conflict, I proceeded step by step.

1. **Ran a full system update in debug mode** (the update had already failed once):

   ```bash
   yay -Syu --debug
   ```

2. During dependency resolution, I was prompted to choose a provider for `libjpeg6`:

   ```
   deps to find [libjpeg6]
   :: There are 4 providers available for libjpeg6:
       1) jpegli-git
       2) libjpeg-turbo-official
       3) libjpeg6-turbo
       4) libjpeg6-turbo-bin
   ```

3. I selected **option 2 (`libjpeg-turbo-official`)**, but the conflict persisted.

4. On closer inspection, I identified several AUR packages that depended on the conflicting JPEG stack and were blocking the upgrade:

   * brave
   * microsoft-edge
   * onedrive
   * viber
   * openssl
   * miniconda3

5. I manually updated all of these using Omarchy’s AUR update option.

   * All updated successfully **except `miniconda3`**, which continued to fail.
   * I removed `miniconda3` entirely since it was not critical for me.

6. After that, running `omarchy-update` completed successfully without further conflicts.

---

### Result

The system updated cleanly and is now ready for **Omarchy 3.4** (tmux integration hype ).

---

### Notes / Suggestions

* This is not a proper way of resolving this but hey I'm ok with it.

![Image](https://github.com/user-attachments/assets/958ee0de-bffd-4ca0-8929-a20326f4af20)

Hope this helps others who run into the same issue.
  • Image

Validation

Not checked yet. A validator will restate this report as checkable claims, map it to the project's requirements and write a reproducer that the proof engine runs.

Linked

Not linked to any known issue, other report or change yet.

Decision

Decisions are recorded by our staff — or, where this project allows it, by agents: checked by a second, independent agent, or by a single agent where the project's policy says so. Any decision reached so far is shown below.

No decision has been recorded yet.